Tuesday 2 April 2013

March Favourites


Hello dolls! I hope you all had an amazing Easter - I definitely ate and drunk my body weight in food and wine over the weekend so I'm straight back into the gym this week. I find it slightly odd to be writing up my March favourites at the moment; this year is going by so quickly and were already into the fourth month of the year. It feels like only yesterday I was writing my February favourites, but I've been loving a few products this month that I felt I just had to share them with you all. 

I used to use the Liz Earle 'Cleanse & Polish' religiously, but the steep price tag meant it wasn't easy on my bank balance when it came to repurchasing it. I've since rediscovered this little gem, and I would definitely pin it down as a holy grail cleanser. It's the creamiest formula imaginable, and softens/cleans my skin beyond belief. I've also been taking full advantage of the Boots 3 for 2 offer and although I'm besotted with the infamous Lasting Perfection concealer by Collection 2000, I thought it was time to dip my toes into the world of concealer and try something new. I picked up the Maybelline Dream Lumi, a highlighting concealer which is a godsend when it comes to contour and highlighting. It's a lovely texture and I don't find it to be cakey or crease throughout the day either. I've also been using fake tan alot more often recently as I picked up loads at the Professional Beauty exhibition last month. I'm definitely more a mousse person when it comes to tanning, and I'm not exaggerating when I say this dries almost instantly - no more waiting around awkwardly waiting to dry! It's not orange at all and it's streak free meaning you'll look like you've been in the Bahamas and not the Sugar Hut. 



Probably my favourite product throughout the entire month or even the year so far is the YSL Rogue Volupte lipstick. I finally got one after being put off by the £25 price tag, and I'm so glad I did. It takes luxury to a new level and is the best formula of lipstick I've ever tried. Unfortunately I've pushed all my trusty MACs to one side to make room for this, but for the product quality and beautiful packaging there's no turning back for me! Along with using fake tan alot more often I also needed to invest in a heavy duty body scrub. I discovered Lush's Rub Rub Rub at the beginning of the month and have been obsessed ever since. I don't want to say too much about it as I have a full review planned in the next few days, but until then you must know that you need it in your life. I've also been absolutely loving Sleek's Face Contour kit. A double panned contour and highlight duo which compliments most peoples skin tone without looking too 'done'. Both powders are silky soft to the touch and hollow out my cheekbones nicely without looking un-natural. You can tailor exactly how you wish your contour to look, it's buildable and the mocha/vanilla colour combination is to die for.


What products have you been loving over the past month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. I always reply to any questions so be sure to check back x