Sunday 31 March 2013

L'Oreal True Match Foundation W4 | Review

L'Oreal True Match Foundation - £10.29 (Link here)


Hey Dolls! Happy Easter to all of you, I hope you eat your body weight in chocolate and are looking forward to indulging in some family time! I'm sure I'm not the only blogger out there who has been taking full advantage of the Boots 3 for 2 offer across make up, nails and accessories. I left with more than I bargained for a couple of days ago, but all in the name of beauty I suppose! Some of you may know that my go-to face during the week is all made up of drugstore products as I like to crack out my higher end products over the weekend. I've also made it no secret that I absolutely adore Rimmels 'Wake Me Up' foundation. A week or so ago I felt I wanted to experiment with something completely new. so I picked up the L'Oreal True Match foundation.

Of course it's a no brainer that I love the packaging - give me a sleek glass bottle any day and it's a winner to me! It comes with a mirrored pump applicator and transparent plastic lid, so is pretty handy if you wanted to pop it into your make up bag. I went for shade W4 as it's pretty much identical to a MAC NC25 which I got matched up with a few months back. It does have quite a yellow undertone, which I love as it cancels out any pigmentation on my cheeks nicely. To find your match a bit easier, the shades are broken up into three categories: Warm, Neutral and Cool. If you know your undertone, you can go straight to the appropriate category and figure out your exact shade which makes it a breeze choosing the right colour.


Don't be fooled by the bottle this comes in, the consistency is alot more liquid than I was expecting. At first I found it a little difficult to work with as I was used to the thicker consistency of Rimmel's Wake Me Up, but I soon got used to it. It's very lightweight so is a dream to glide onto the face and blend. What I love about its consistency is the fact it doesn't cake or dry before you've finished blending into your entire face like some drugstore foundations do, so once I set it with my Rimmel Stay Matte powder, my skin has a flawless matte finish. For a drugstore foundation, I was really surprised by the coverage True Match offered. I'd say it's medium to full but buildable coverage, and covers everything if I happen to be having a good skin day. I do still use my trusty Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection concealer under my eyes, but only to add shadow and definition as I go ahead and contour/highlight once the foundation sets. I use Revlon's Photoready Primer and MUA's finishing spray on a daily basis which definitely contributes to its staying power, and I'm never left patchy or with dreaded make up sliding.  


Overall, I think I may have found yet another drugstore holy grail product. As much as I hate to admit it, I think I'll be putting my trusty Rimmel Wake Me Up to one side until I finish this bottle. I love discovering new drugstore gems, and I seem to be spending more and more time in Boots while their offer is on! I've also managed to collect £60 worth of points but have absolutely no idea what to spend them on, so if you have any recent posts on some Boots products your loving be sure to leave your link below!

1 comment:

  1. I used to swear by True Match foundation. I think I must have used it for about 3 years! However for some reason suddenly it didn't suit me anymore. Maybe my skin changed? However I think 3 years still gets it a good thumbs up! ha. Great review hun x
    Heroine In Heels

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. I always reply to any questions so be sure to check back x