Friday 15 February 2013

The Righteous Butter & Flake Away | My Skincare Saviours

Soap & Glory Righteous Butter and Flake Away (Link here & here)

I've made it no secret that I have an unecessary interest obsession with Soap and Glory; my products have now somehow managed to spill over three Ikea storage boxes without me realising (see the post on my collection here). Who doesn't love a bit of S&G to add some luxury to their bath time? They're reasonably priced, easily available at Boots, smell amazing and carry the most gorgeous packaging ever. I won't bore you with the details on how fabulous the products themselves are - if you've tried 'Hand Food' or 'Peaches and Clean' then you will definitely already know! I've also made it no secret that I love to indulge in a bit of 'me time' on Friday evenings and have a good old pamper session. Something I religiously include in these is using a body exfoliator and butter to achieve silky soft skin ready for the weekend ahead, whatever I'm up to. I begun using Soap and Glory years ago, and these were actually one of my first ever purchases. I can't count on my hands how many times I've repurchased these little tubs of magic, but I go through them rather quickly so tend to stock up quite regularly. 

I'll begin explaining why 'The Righteous Butter' is a staple in my bathroom cabinet. It's one of those classic products by S&G that has been around just as long as the brand has, so pretty much something impossible not to have come across. Everyone needs a good body butter, something more heavy duty than their everyday moisturiser to use every so often and this ticks that box perfectly. What I love about this is that it comes in three sizes - a miniature perfect for travelling, the standard 300ml tub and even an entire litre if you buy it online. I know it also comes in a pump, so if you can't stand product getting stuck behind your nails then it's perfect. It holds the infamous Soap and Glory scent of shea butter, almond oil and peach and costs a mere £10.50 for a standard tub. Because its a butter rather than a moisturiser, it has a gorgeously rich and cream thick formula which as you can imagine works absolute wonders on dry skin. I find that it sinks into the skin with ease, although not as quickly as regular moisturisers so is perfect for use just before you throw on your PJ's. I also find it a dream to apply, and a little goes a long way. I can finish a tub in a month easily, so I think it may be a good idea to invest in the litre size to save a few pennies and treat myself to an extra tub of Flake Away, which brings me to my next skincare saviour product. 


Just like 'The Righteous Butter', 'Flake Away' is a classic Soap and Glory product and has been part of the range for as long as I can remember. Now although I do love my trusty St Moriz Dark tan and use this to prep my skin, I have stopped being so religious with the tanning process every week. That definitely hasn't stopped me using 'Flake Away' as an exfoliator though! I have quite sensitive skin on my body. No scrap that, very sensitive skin. One scratch will send me bumpy and red in no time (I have Dermatitis in case you were wondering which comes and goes as it pleases). For this reason, I cannot stand overly gritty exfoliators as they irritate my skin and leave me with red skin for days - not a good look! But if you've used Flake Away before then you'll know how thick and oily (in a good way!) this really is. To me, it feels like a moisturiser mixed with a face exfoliator but for the body, so as you can imagine feels amazing. This comes in two sizes, a miniature travel size and a standard 300ml tub - I haven't yet seen a litre version of it! What's also great is it's £7.00 price tag. £7.00 for a product which will see you through a month or two is hardly ever going to be bad. This also carries the signature Soap and Glory shea butter, almond oil and peach scent. I find when I use these two products together the scent lingers for hours which makes them even more loveable. Flake Away is perfect for use two or three times weekly as it isn't as heavy duty as others (yes, I'm looking at you Breakfast Scrub) but I only use it the once. Once you wash it away, you'll notice the difference in your skin immediately. It leaves skin unbelievably smooth and conditioned and makes a great canvas if you happen to be false tanning too. I'll continue to repurchase these beauties until I find something just as cheap which works wonders which is highly doubtful! I'll definitely label these as my 'holy grail' body butter and body exfoliator of choice and if that changes you'll be the first to know about it!


Have you tried Soap and Glory's Flake Away and The Righteous Butter? 

5 comments:

  1. I am currently using this body botter and I can't stop smelling it everytime I use it. it smells amaaaaaaaaaaaazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to get these :) can't believe I have been so slow with S&G haha

    India xox The Jewel Beauty Blog |Beauty,Lifestyle & Fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these products!

    www.hannahheartss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a sample size pot of flake away that I just completely forget to use because I love Breakfast scrub so much but I definitely need to give this a go after reading!

    averageyournot.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a tub of the butter and 3 minis! But haven't used it. I like flake away but I don't like the oily film it leaves on my skin.. I feel like a chip pan! If I scratch, it's all greasy in my nails and I hate it so I follow with shower puff and body wash. It feels heavy and pore clogging otherwise yet it really does the trick. Always used it before I shaved my legs. Was in my january empties and now I have sugar crush to go through! Though I also have 3 minis of flake away. Aha.

    Lizzums x
    http://benebelle.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. I always reply to any questions so be sure to check back x