Wednesday 20 February 2013

Review | Soap and Glory | Smoothie Star Body Buttercream

Soap & Glory Smoothie Star Buttercream - £10.50 (Link here)

 Hi Ladies! There's nothing which stands between me and my Soap and Glory products as I'm sure you already know. I was in Boots over the weekend and noticed they had a 3 for 2 offer on indulgent bathing, so took it upon myself to stock up on products which I was running out of, and to try something I hadn't yet used. If you had the 'Best Of All' giftset over Christmas, then you'll know it contained the Smoothie Star Body Milk, which has quickly become one of my favourite S&G products. I noticed there was a body butter from the same range neatly stacked up on the shelves, so quickly took it to the till so I could get home and give it a go. I'm pretty content using my tub of 'The Righteous Butter' (read my review here)  as a heavy duty moisturiser but there was just something about this little beauty that made it that bit more special. First off, I absolutely love the packaging of this. Soap and Glory really know what they're doing when it comes to their product packaging, but I particularly like this. I think the combination of old school cream and candy pink colours caught my eye along with the witty tagline around the nape of the tub. This retails at £10.50 for 300ml of product which may be a little pricey for a body butter which can be purchased in a drugstore, but it really is worth every single penny. Because this size is the same as my 'Righteous Butter' cream, I'm expecting it to last me just as long after which I'll definitely be repurchasing it.


What I love most about this product is the smell, oh my goodness. I have a real thing for almond, vanilla, pistachio and shea butter scents, I can't get enough of them. This carries the exact same scent as the Smoothie Star Body Milk only stronger, so it definitely isn't for the faint hearted! I've also been using the Soap and Glory 'Rich and Foamous' body wash which also carries the same smell, so as you can imagine the scent will linger on my skin for hours on end. It's also really similar to 'Whipped Clean' in terms of smell, which I've recently rediscovered my love for. Although this is technically a body butter, it feels quite different to 'The Righteous Butter'. It's still a very creamy formula, but alot less thick which feels amazing when applied after a long hot bath or shower. I don't find myself having to wait a few minutes before getting dressed as once rubbed into the skin it sinks in pretty fast. I had a dry patch on my right elbow and this sorted it out after the first use, so it really does give you an idea of how great it is. I've used body creams in the past which annoyingly separated or fell off my skin before I'd even rubbed it in, but this physically sticks itself to the skin so there isn't a worry of product wastage. I couldn't choose between this or The Righteous Butter as I love them both as much as eachother, but in terms of body butters this is definitely amongst my favourites. 


Have you tried Soap and Glory's Smoothie Star Buttercream? Or do you know of any amazing body butters?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't. I have a tub of rightous butter to use that I've not even tried. I adore sanctuary which I'm going through at the moment! But I do love S&Gs scents!

    Lizzums x
    http://benebelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried this yet, but I really adore several of their other products so I really think I need to try this as well :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. I always reply to any questions so be sure to check back x