Friday 8 February 2013

Pamper Night In | The Essentials

Hello Girls! Hope you're all well. I keep seeing photo's on my Instagram (@misskendalwestonx) of other beauty bloggers pamper essentials, neatly stacked next to their bath tubs waiting to be used. I thought I may aswell turn my own into a blog post, as I religiously have a 'pamper night' on Fridays as I prepare for the weekend ahead. I think it's so important to take time out for yourself and just relax after a long week because otherwise there's no time to appreciate the little things. I apologise in advance for such a lengthy post! I always start with a really hot bubble bath and can sit there for up to 2 hours. It really is bliss, spending half of my time in there pampering myself beyond belief, and the other half dozing off.
I start off by pouring a rather generous amount of Soap & Glory's 'Calm One, Calm All' bubble bath into my bath water, and also, if I'm feeling particularly run down, I'll also chuck a Lush bath bomb in also. My favourite is 'Sex Bomb'; it contains sage, jasmine and ylang ylang which as you can imagine, leaves my bathroom smelling amazing, not to mention leaves the water a beautiful shade of pink too. A pamper night for me isn't complete if I don't have one of my Yankee Candles burming either! Cinnamon and Vanilla Cupcake are my all time favourites! I use my Soap & Glory 'Whipped Clean' shower butter to wash with and just sit there letting the bubble bath and bath bomb work wonders on my skin. I also like to pamper my hair every week by giving it a treat of a hair mask or ultra moisturising conditioner. I start by doing the usual routine I use which is using Aussie's 'Miracle Moist' as a shampoo, followed by my trusty Lee Stafford Hair Growth Treatment, then followed by Aussie's Miracle Moist conditioner. If you haven't tried this line from Aussie, I seriously can't recommend them highly enough. They works absolute wonders on dry and damaged hair and they smell like bubblegum which is such a nice touch. I'm also a massive fan of the 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor but if I sat and typed my love for it, we really would be here all day. Although I hate the fake tanning process with a real passion, I don't find it a drag to exfoliate as I'm so in love with my Soap & Glory 'Sugar Crush' body scrub. I must admit I'm not that much of a fan of the scent - don't get me wrong, I do like it but it's a bit too limey for me! That's not to say it doesn't leave my skin feeling silky soft after I use it! I then slather The Body Shop's 'Almond Body Butter' or Soap & Glory's 'The Righteous Butter' over my skin which is probably the reason I can't stop sniffing my skin after a pamper evening! Both of them smell absolutely amazing and are ultra moisturising. So moisturising in fact that I can still feel it on my skin the morning after. Nothing beats that feeling you have when you jump out of the bath into fresh cosy pyjamas! It really is amazing. Once I get out of my bubble bath, I blow dry my hair and put my SleepRollers in to achieve extra volume in my hair.
I also make sure I take the time out to pamper my skin a little. I'm quite lucky in the fact that I had relatively good skin, but I still like to do the whole shabang (if you know what I mean). I start by cleansing my face as normal using Soap & Glory's 'Peaches and Clean' - those who have tried and tested this will know just how amazing it really is. It's come to be one of my favourites ever, and melts away dirt and make up with ease, not to mention it also has the most gorgeous scent ever. I then somtimes use my Remington face steamer and sit and steam my face for a good ten or twenty minutes. I love how fresh my face feels after I use it, and it brings all impurities to the surface of the skin. Then, I use Soap & Glory's (yes, another Soap and Glory product!) 'Greatest Scrub Of All' as an exfoliator, which is a relatively new purchase. I really like it as it isn't too gritty and has a really clever formula where the micro beads in the cream pop open when you apply it to the heat of your skin. I really feel it work into my pores and it leaves me with a nice fresh layer of skin. That sounds really awful! After that I then use a face mask. I have a few favourites, but at the moment I'm bouncing between Lush's 'Cupcake' and the 'Mask of Magnaminty'. Both do absolute wonders for my skin and they're such a pleasure to use knowing that all of the ingredients are natural. I then go ahead and tweeze any stray eyebrow hairs and paint my nails whichever colour I fancy. And if that already isn't enough I slather on Soap & Glory's 'Heel Genius' over my toes and pull on a pair of thick cotton socks to help it soak in.
To help me relax even more, I'll spend the rest of my evening watching a few chick flicks or catching up on soaps, tucked up in bed (yes, on a Friday night) with a big mug of hot chocolate. My favourite chick flicks to watch, not that it's particularly beauty related, are Pretty Woman, Sex and the City, the boxset of Absolutely Fabulous and Bridget Jones. If I'm feeling brave I'll watch the Scream films back to back or some other horror film which will keep me up all night. As many of you know I'm currently on a diet and am fast approaching loosing my first stone already. I make sure that I allow myself one treat meal a week, and this is usually eaten on a Friday or Saturday night. This is the perfect way to round off my pamper night in! Once again, I'm sorry for such a lenghty post. But I would love to see what everyone else does or uses during their pamper sessions!

9 comments:

  1. That's such a lovely post! Think I might write about my pamper essentials soon if you don't mind me nicking the idea :) Love everything you've mentioned except for the Lush face masks which I haven't tried yet! Only recently discovered how amazing their bathbombs are xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I don't mind lovely, I'd love to see what you use! xxx

      Delete
  2. Great post lovely :) I'm also doing a post like this as well soon, so hope you will stop by! - I'm loving all the products you used though :D <3

    India xox The Jewel Beauty Blog |Beauty,Lifestyle & Fashion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks gorgeous. I'll be sure to stop by, I love your posts :-) xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely post!x

    Www.hannahheartss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you doll. Really enjoyed your what's in my bag post. I need a Viva La Juicy rollerball! xxx

      Delete
  4. I adore all of these products! Good choice :D
    I haven't tried the Cupcake face mask though, definitely one to look out for next time I'm out shopping.

    Louise
    xx

    www.confettiletters.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cupcake is amazing, not to mention it smells gorgeous too! If you give it a go let me know how you get on xxx

      Delete
  5. I love the Aussie 3 minute miracle conditioner! Fab post

    Prettybugblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. I always reply to any questions so be sure to check back x