Monday 17 December 2012

Review: Sleek Face Form Contouring & Brush Palette


Hi Ladies, I've been very quiet on the blogging scene recently; I've been so busy Christmas shopping and finishing off work before I go on my much needed Christmas break that I haven't had an hour to just sit down and blog. As I'm sure you've probably gathered I'm constantly on the lookout for new products to wow me and up until now I used a basic coffee colour eyeshadow to define cheekbones and my nose, along with a liquid highlighter from Gold by Giles to highlight my brow bone.

I will admit I'm not too familiar with Sleek as a brand, I've only ever tried the lipsticks which I did love and have repurchased since. I know that their blushes are famed for being amazing so it was no surprise that I loved their new Blush & Contour palette. I picked mine up from Superdrug for £8.99. The palette itself is pretty standard, just matte black with the glossy Sleek logo which is carried on all of their products. It's exactly the same size as the Blush by 3 palettes which means its compact and can be used on the move with the handy mirror on the inside. 

(From Left to Right: contouring powder, highlighting powder, blush powder)

The Blush & Contour palette comes with a contour powder, a highlight powder and a blush powder. There are three shades available in light, medium and dark so I chose the medium palette as I thought the colours would compliment my skin tone. The contour powder is matte, the highlight is shimmery and the blush is ridiculously shimmery.  

Contour - The contour powder is the perfect colour for my skin tone, and I'm an NC30 so medium would be ideal for anyone with a similar colour match. It blends so easily and sits all day without moving, regardless if I've used a primer underneath my foundation or not.

BlushIt's Sleek's 'Rose Gold' blush although it doesn't say this on the packaging and it's a vibrant peach colour with gold shimmer running through it so it really brightens the skin during Winter.

Highlighter - I'm not a user of powder based highlighter as I used my beloved Benefit High Beam which is liquid based. This is alot more natural and definitely more suitable for a day to  day face so I'll get some use out of it.


All in all I'm so impressed by Sleek's Blush & Contour palette. Once the pans begin to wear their product away I'll definitely be repurchasing it unless I find something better for me. But for the price that it is with three great products, I can't see that happening anytime soon. Have you tried anything similar to the blush and contour palette?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. I always reply to any questions so be sure to check back x