Monday 2 July 2012

Rimmel London: Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate Moss in No.16 Rossetto

Hi Lovely Ladies 


I recently made yet another purchase to add to my ever growing lipstick collection after searching high and low for the perfect coral/pink colour to play around with for the Summer. Ever since Kate Moss brought out her lipstick collection for Rimmel I've fallen in love with every single shade, especially shade number 3.


Kate brought out another 3 or 4 shades specifically for Summer, so I had to pick this one up which by all accounts has now sold out in Boots, Superdrug etc. It's a stunning light coral pink shade and is so complimentary with all types of make-up looks. Even though it's quite a pigmented colour, it's easy to tone down by applying only a small amount and then blending it in. 


I got mine from Boots as soon as I saw it as I think it's limited edition for £5.45. *THERE IS AN OFFER IN BOOTS TO BUY A KATE MOSS LIPSTICK PLUS A RIMMEL LYCRA PRO NAIL POLISH FOR £7* so pick yourself up a bargain while stocks last.
So anyway, the lipstick...

As you can see, the colour looks like more of a pink nude in natural daylight, but I can assure you it is more of a subtle coral pink. The flash on my camera is playing up so I can't show you for photographic purposes. The lipstick itself is a real creamy thick texture, which is perfect if you don't want to be topping your lippy up every hour. 


As I said, it's a very pigmented colour which can also be built up to create a more dramatic look. Unlike most lipstick's, it isn't a drying product and the texture is very similar to the new lip butters from Revlon (review to come soon). It glides on so easily and it's so small it can be tucked into the smallest clutch bag on a night out. I love the packaging too!


I smoothed foundation primer (Revlon Beyond Natural Primer, read my review here) beneath the lip colour on its debut on Saturday night beforehand and it definitely made a difference. I only needed to re-apply it once throughout the entire night. It even lasted through countless shots and drinks which to me is a massive bonus!






I can't even begin to tell you how much I love the smell of this either! It smells absolutely delicious, sort of like a watermelon/strawberry scent. To some people, perfumed products are a big no no, but I just think it's an added bonus to an already great lipstick. I'm looking forward to trying out the other three shades that Kate has brought out in her Spring/Summer collection. 




Have you tried any of the Kate Moss lipsticks from Rimmel? What did you think and what is your favourite?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. I always reply to any questions so be sure to check back x