Friday 20 July 2012

James Brown Scandalous Collection; Glossing Shampoo and Conditioner


Hi Girls! Yes I am a complete hair treatment whore buff so I do know my bit when it comes to choosing products or even better, experimenting with new ones! I do really love everything from James Brown as he is hairdresser to none other than Kate Moss herself, so styling my own hair at home should be a doddle. I've been using this range for about a year now, and have never strayed to trying anything different as I love it too much. Out of the five different ranges from James Brown, the Scandalous range is by far my favourite out of them all. I own about ten bottles of all different products just from Scandalous alone, so might post a haul-type blog telling you about it in more detail (when I have more time, I'm so short of time. There aren't enough hours in a day!). All products have a set objective to them, for example there is a Volumising collection, Moisturising, Colour Care and so on. I chose to buy the Glossing products again after trying them last year and really enjoying them, I got upset when they finished *sobs*


Moving swiftly on, I really do love this product. It's a high-end hair product brand at a lower price budget. All Shampoos and Conditioners range from £4.99 to£6.99 and depending on the length and thickness of your hair, can last you ages. I'm a hair extension wearer and my natural hair comes just underneath my shoulders, plus I always shampoo my hair twice if it's feeling particularly greasy with product build up. At 250ml, a bottle of this stuff lasts me 3 weeks, and I was my hair 3 times a week (Some people find this repulsive but it's just how my hair works. Bore off). If your hair sometimes looks dull and lacks shine then this is defintiely a must have product. 


"No style will look good if your hair is dull and lifeless. So we've created this shampoo to restore the natural shine. Milk proteins and murumuru butter deliver extraordinary glossing results leaving hair as smooth as glass. This rich, fragrant shampoo will revive even the most lacklusture hair."
Glossing Shampoo


"This conditioner is a huge hit with women who have sharp bobs and long styles. Even dull, tired hair is left sleek, smooth and unconditionally glossy. The special blend of red seaweed extract and kukui nut oil infuses hair with shine and creates a silky, sleek texture"
Glossing Conditioner 



I can't rate this product highly enough. The scent of a shampoo and conditioner is just as important to me as what the product actually does to my hair, and this is one of the best smells on the market (apart from Aussie 3 minute miracle, yum). People tend to find that it wears off after a day or so with other brands, however this lingers for two days, no problem. Even after styling with hot rollers, hairspray, gel, mousse, you name it. It's consistency is quite thick so a little really does go a long way and it lathers up like a dream. I find that by adding small bits of water to places I need to the most really makes it sudsy and lather up really quickly. If I'm ever in a rush or need a quick fix (which lets face it, is every day) then this is a total godsend. The milk proteins in the shampoo are what adds the gloss to your hair, and when i say gloss i mean gloss. If I'm on a night out and I style my hair using a glossing and finishing spray, I find there's no need for it when I use this. 





It leaves a salon fresh mirrored effect on your hair, however I don't find it effective if you like volume in your hair like I do. To still achieve volume when I use the glossing shampoo and conditioner I blow dry my hair by lifting it straight up from the crown and dry underneath (if that makes any sense). The conditioner contains small micro beads of shimmer (very similar to Loreal's Sparkling Nutri Gloss Shampoo) and so in turn leaves an enviable shimmer on the mid-lengths and ends of the hair. Amazing.


All in all, I can't recommend the James Brown Scandalous GLOSS range highly enough, it works wonders for me every time I use it. Have you tried it before? What did you think?


1 comment:

  1. Hi! I am a japanese girl. I want to buy this one. Can you buy that in your country now?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. I always reply to any questions so be sure to check back x